Who’s who on the Council
Who is on the Council of Governors?
The Council of Governors has 24 members:
- 16 public governors who are elected by public members
- 4 staff governors who are elected by staff members
- 4 stakeholder governors who are nominated by our partner organisations
Council of Governors
For details of the different areas / constituencies, click here, for a map. Please note the seat for ‘Lower Wharfe Valley’ was merged with the ‘Wharfedale’ seat on 31.07.14. To contact your governor telephone 01535 294540 or email email@example.com. Below are details of our elected Governors – public and staff. Please click here for the latest Governor updates for your area.
|Name||Constituency||Areas included in this constituency|
|David Child||Bingley||Bingley, Eldwick and Micklethwaite|
|Pat Thorpe||Bingley Rural||Cullingworth, Harden, Wilsden and Denholme|
|Martin Carr||Craven||Addingham, Silsden, Steeton and Eastburn|
|Linda Dobson||Keighley East||Riddlesden, Morton, Worth Village, Hainsworth and Parkwood|
|John Bootland and Vacant||Keighley Central||Utley, Knowle Park, Cliffe Castle|
|Peter Beaumont||Wharfedale||Burley in Wharfedale and Menston|
|John Roberts||Worth Valley||Oakworth, Haworth, Crossroads, Stanbury and Oxenhope|
|Peter Allen||Skipton||Skipton, Embasy, Grassington and Barden Fell|
|Pat Taylor||Settle and Mid Craven||Settle, Gargrave, Hellifield, Long Preston, Bentham, Ingleton and Clapham|
|Margaret Berry & David Pearson||South Craven||Crosshills, Cononley, Kildwick, Bradley, Lothersdale, Sutton, Glusburn, Cowling, Carleton, Broughton, West and East Marton, Thornton in Craven|
|Paul Maskell||West Craven||Earby, Barnoldswick, Whitemoor, Kelbrook and Salterforth|
|Jerry Stanford||Pendle East and Colne||Barrowford, Foulridge, Trawden, Laneshaw Bridge, Winewall, Heyroyd, Alkincoats, Colne Edge and Colne|
|Vacant||Rest of England|
|David Pearson||South Craven||Crosshills, Cononley, Kildwick, Bradley, Lothersdale, Sutton, Glusburn, Cowling, Carleton, Broughton, West and East Marton, Thornton in Craven|
|Staff Governor||Staff group and update|
|Vacant||Doctors and Dentists|
|Vacant||Nurses and Midwives|
|Ben Grange||Allied Health Professionals and Scientists|
|Madi Hoskin||All Other Staff|
|Cllr Robert Heseltine||North Yorkshire County Council|
|Mrs Naz Kazmi||Voluntary Sector|
|Cllr Ken Hartley||Pendle Borough Council|
|Mrs Doreen Lee||Bradford Metropolitan District Council|
What do they do?
- The Trust is accountable to the Council of Governors for the proper use of the assets and resources at its disposal. The Council will ensure the Trust carries out its plans and influence how it develops in the future.
- The Council of Governors are there to represent the public, our staff and our partners and make sure their views are heard.
- The Council of Governors will be expected to reach out into local communities and encourage a wide and representative membership.