Who’s who on the Council
Who is on the Council of Governors?
The Council of Governors has 22 members:
- 14 public governors who are elected by public members
- 4 staff governors who are elected by staff members
- 4 stakeholder governors who are nominated by our partner organisations
Council of Governors
For details of the different areas / constituencies, click here, for a map. To contact your governor telephone 01535 294540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are details of our elected Governors – public and staff. Please click here for the latest Governor updates for your area.
|Name||Constituency||Areas included in this constituency|
|David Child||Bingley||Bingley, Eldwick and Micklethwaite|
|Pat Thorpe||Bingley Rural||Cullingworth, Harden, Wilsden and Denholme|
|Martin Carr||Craven||Addingham, Silsden, Steeton and Eastburn|
|John Bootland||Keighley Central and East||Utley, Knowle Park, Cliffe Castle, Riddlesden and Stockbridge, Morton, Worth Village, Parkwood, and Long Lee|
|Christine Highley||Keighley West||Braithwaite, Guardhouse, Laycock, Fell Lane, Exley Head, Bogthorn, Ingrow and Bracken Bank|
|Peter Beaumont||Wharfedale||Burley in Wharfedale and Menston|
|John Roberts||Worth Valley||Oakworth, Haworth, Crossroads, Stanbury and Oxenhope|
|Peter Allen||Skipton||Skipton, Embasy, Grassington and Barden Fell|
|Pat Taylor||Settle and Mid Craven||Settle, Gargrave, Hellifield, Long Preston, Bentham, Ingleton and Clapham|
|Margaret Berry & David Pearson||South Craven||Crosshills, Cononley, Kildwick, Bradley, Lothersdale, Sutton, Glusburn, Cowling, Carleton, Broughton, West and East Marton, Thornton in Craven|
|Paul Maskell||West Craven||Earby, Barnoldswick, Whitemoor, Kelbrook and Salterforth|
|Jerry Stanford||Pendle East and Colne||Barrowford, Boulsworth Foulridge, Horsfield, Vivary Bridge, Waterside|
|Vacant||Rest of England|
|Staff Governor||Staff group and update|
|Dr Richard Jackson||Doctors and Dentists|
|Vacant||Nurses and Midwives|
|Annette Ferrier||Allied Health Professionals and Scientists|
|Michael Smith||All Other Staff|
|Cllr Robert Heseltine||North Yorkshire County Council|
|Shamim Akhtar||Voluntary Sector|
|Cllr Margaret Foxley||Pendle Borough Council|
|Cllr Caroline Firth||Bradford Metropolitan District Council|
What do they do?
- The Trust is accountable to the Council of Governors for the proper use of the assets and resources at its disposal. The Council will ensure the Trust carries out its plans and influence how it develops in the future.
- The Council of Governors are there to represent the public, our staff and our partners and make sure their views are heard.
- The Council of Governors will be expected to reach out into local communities and encourage a wide and representative membership.