Interested in being a Governor?
All members can stand for election to represent the area they live in. We have divided the areas into ‘constituencies’ based on your postcode, similar to what happens in a local council election.
Click here for your governor information pack. There is also information produced by Monitor, the independent regulator, on the role of governors that you may find useful:
- About Monitor
- Your statutory responsibilities: a reference guide for Governors
- Developing the Role of Foundation Trust Governors
- Click here for the trust constitution terms of authorisation and NHS provider licence
For more information on the elections click here.Notice of Election Could you be our next governor?
The role of the Council of Governors
We want our Council of Governors to have a real and substantial role, creating relationships between us and the community we serve.
Our governors play a very important role in the Trust. They act as a link between Foundation Trust members, the public and the Board of Directors.
A governor is both an advisor and a guardian:
- by representing the views of members and the public when decisions are made
- by holding the Board of Directors and Non Executive Directors to account for the performance of the trust.
If you need more information:
Telephone 01535 294540
Write to us at :
Foundation Trust Office
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
Airedale General Hospital