10th June 2015 – Help and support for carers
Do you look after someone? A carer is someone who looks after or helps a relative or friend who couldn’t otherwise manage. This might be because of illness, disability, frailty, mental health, drug or alcohol issues.
This week is Carers’ Week. Take the chance to find out more about the information, advice and support available to you.
Across our area, support for carers is provided by Carers’ Resource. They are holding lots of events this week. They can help you:
- by listening and understanding;
- to find out what support is available and how to access it;
- to plan for the future;
- by providing information on everything from accessing benefits and services, to long term care and respite care;
- to find training and employment opportunities;
- by providing social and leisure opportunities.