Freedom of Information
What is the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)?
The FOIA 2000 gives everyone the right to see information held by public authorities including NHS Trusts. The Act is intended to promote a culture of openness and accountability, to help the public understand how public authorities carry out their business, how decisions are made and how public money is spent. There are exceptions under the Act including personal information and information that is easy to access elsewhere.
Our publication scheme describes the information that the Trust will routinely make available.
How do I make a request?
- You can ask for any information you think a public authority may hold.
- You should identify the information you want as clearly as possible.
- Please tell us how you want to receive the information e.g. letter, email.
- Some information may not be given to you because it is exempt, for example because it is personal information.
- If you need help to make your request or you require this information in another language, larger print, braille etc. please contact us on email@example.com write to:
Tim Rycroft, Head of IT and IG
IT Business Centre
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
Or Tel. 01535 292738
What will the Trust do?
- acknowledge your request
- help you to make your request if necessary and advise and assist you to identify the information you are looking for
- confirm whether the information is held by the Trust
- either provide the information in the format you have requested, or explain why we cannot provide it (i.e. if an exemption applies). We aim to respond to requests within 20 working days of receipt
If you feel we are not complying with our publication scheme, you feel your request has not been properly handled or you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you can write to Bridget Fletcher, Chief Executive, at the above address and request our decision is reviewed. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of that review, you then have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner under S50 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000
Information Commissioner’s Office
What is not covered by the FOI Act?
The FOI Act is not intended for requests to access personal information or health records because these are dealt with under the Data Protection Act. For these classes of information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Access to Health Department
Airedale General Hospital
Tel. 01535 292207