Tour De Yorkshire
The Tour de Yorkshire takes place over three stages
- Stage 1 on Friday 29 April will start in Beverley and finish in Settle
- Stage 2 on Saturday 30 April will start in Otley and finish in Doncaster
- Stage 3 on Sunday 1st May will start in Middlesborough and finish in Scarborough
- Women’s Race on Saturday 30th April will start in Otley and finish in Doncaster.
- On Friday the Tour will pass near our region (Grassington) at about 3.30pm.
For more information visit http://letour.yorkshire.com/
Plan ahead: travelling in the area
- Most road closures will be rolling lasting no more than an hour, apart from the start and finish lines and some climbs where the road closures will be longer.
- Road closures will be managed by the police, below are the roads that will be closed:
- All starts and finishes
- Pateley Bridge – Greenhow Village
- Rigton Bank (A58) – Mill Lane junction, Home Farm Lane
- Mill Lane from River Don – A630 (Warmsworth)
- Loop around Conisbrough Castle (A630)
- Northallerton High Street – This road will already be closed for the May Fair, an annual event
- Sutton Bank (A170) Sutton Under Whitestonecliffe – Junction with High Town Bank Road
- Fairhead Lane, Grosmont, North York Moors
- Newquay Road, Bridge Street, Church Street (Whitby)
- Foreshore Road, South Bay Scarborough – Finish (Scarborough
If you plan to visit or leave Airedale Hospital during this weekend roads that are not closed will be more congested, so you will need to take this into account and allow extra time when planning your journeys.
You may want to consider using public transport – check with the operator.
For bus information in West Yorkshire go to http://www.wymetro.com/ or contact MetroLine 0113 245 76 76, South Yorkshire go to http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/ or contact Traveline on 01709 51 51 51 and in North Yorkshire go to www.northyorks.gov.uk