Children at the Nightingales Day Nursery at Airedale Hospital were showing off their homemade banner this week, all to celebrate their recent Good rating from OFSTED.
Some of the nursery strengths which were given special mention by the inspection team were:
- Children are happy and settled at this welcoming and friendly nursery. The nursery rooms are calm and children focus on their play.
- Children make good progress, develop their independence skills and their imaginations.
- Staff find out about babies’ routines before they start. They find out about children’s likes and dislikes from parents. Babies’ needs are individually met. They snuggle in for comfort with their key person when they are tired. Staff know children well. They know about their family lives, where they are in their development and what their next steps in learning are.
- Children learn new language and become confident speakers. They develop a love of stories, songs and rhymes from an early age and develop good pre-writing skills.
- Parents too are extremely complimentary of the nursery. They feel well informed about their child’s time at nursery. Parents report their children have ‘come on leaps and bounds’ since starting the nursery. They talk about feeling at ease when leaving their children. Parents trust all staff to care for their children. They feel confident in asking for help. Parents comment on the support and advice which they have received to support their child at home.
- Children with special educational needs and/or disabilities are supported well. Staff identify their needs and put support in place. Staff work well with outside agencies to provide the level of care which children need.
Vicky Yates, Childcare Provision Manager at Nightingales Day Nursery said:
“We’re so pleased that the OFSTED team could see how special and welcoming our nursery is and how much the children really enjoy their days with us and how they grow and develop. It’s lovely to hear too how supportive parents are, which is really important to us.
The report is a testament to the staff who work every day, building positive relationships, to provide exceptional levels of care and support to meet the needs of all our children.“