Finding support services

Home > Patient advice, feedback and help centre > Finding support services

Finding Services and Support

If you are

  • recovering from a stay in hospital
  • living with a long term health condition or disability
  • finding it harder to cope as you get older

you can get practical information on a wide range of topics, including benefits, health costs, debts, pensions and making a will.

If you need advice about your health, you should always talk to your doctor or nurse. You can also call NHS 111 for health advice and reassurance 24 hours a day. If you require urgent medical assistance, call 999.


As you may find yourself or a loved one recovering from COVID-19 you may still be coming to terms with the impact the virus has had on both your body and mind.
These changes should get better over time, some may take longer than others, but there are things you can do to help.
‘Your COVID Recovery’ helps you to understand what has happened and what you might expect as part of your or your loved one’s recovery.
Visit the ‘Your COVID Recovery’ website for more information


What can you find on this site?

Age UK You can get information, advice and support tailored for older people.

There are also local information and advice services in Bradford and districtLancashire and North Craven. You can visit a drop-in centre, get help by telephone or arrange a home visit.

Bradford Care Services Directory This is a directory of care homes and home care agencies. There is also advice on choosing and paying for care.

To get a printed copy, ring 01274 435400.



Citizens Advice Bureau You can get information and advice on benefits, money, work, housing and legal issues.

You can get advice online, by telephone or by visiting your local office:

– Bradford and Airedale Citizens Advice Bureau
– Colne Citizens Advice Bureau
– Craven and Harrogate Districts Citizens Advice Bureau

There are also face-to-face advice sessions in health centres, children’s centres and community centres across the local area. You can get advice in various languages.

Connect to Support Bradford district This is an online directory of local care and support services.

If you are arranging and paying for your own care, you can find what you need here.

First Response Urgent mental health support for people living in Bradford and Craven
GOV.UK You can get easy access to government information and services. You can get advice on a wide range of topics including:

– Benefits
– Working, jobs and pensions
– Disabled people

My Wellbeing College MyWellbeing College is a free NHS service to help people manage everyday problems such as feeling low, having problems sleeping, feeling anxious and experiencing stress.
NHS: Health costs You can find out about help with dental costs, eye care charges, prescriptions, travel costs, wigs and fabric supports.
NHS.UK Your complete guide to NHS services, health conditions and treatments. You can search for GPs; accident and emergency, minor injury and walk-in centres; hospitals and consultants; dentists; pharmacists; opticians; services for carers; and specialist services.

You can find, compare and choose services that meet your needs.

North Yorkshire Care Services Directory This is a directory of care homes and home care agencies. There is also advice on choosing and paying for care.

To get a printed copy, ring 0845 8 72 73 74.

North Yorkshire Connect This is a directory of local community groups, services, support and activities.

It covers North Yorkshire (including Craven).