Our midwives aim to provide you with a positive and safe birth experience which reflects each individual woman’s needs and wishes.
Labour ward location is at B17.
Labour ward visitors
For Patients admitted to the Maternity unit for Induction of Labour, one birth partner is permitted between the hours of 09:00 – 18:00.
Once in established labour, a second birth partner is permitted to attend.
There is no additional visiting outside of this on labour ward.
Visiting arrangements may be subject to change in response to government guidance, please check with your midwife on admission if there have been any changes to the above times.
If you think you may be in labour, always phone us first on 01535 292402 so we can prepare a room and allocate a midwife to your care.
On admission to the labour ward, we will review your pregnancy and assess your labour before making a plan of care with you. Our obstetric team are available 24 hours a day to support our midwives and your care.
Our labour ward offers an excellent range of spaces and resources for your birth.
More information about birthing rooms
- Single birthing rooms with en-suite facilities
- Two pool rooms for water births/active births
- Four rooms with outside decking areas
- Latest state of the art birthing equipment
- Four bedded induction suite
- Dedicated obstetric theatre
- Dedicated bereavement suite
- In addition, we also offer: Televisions in some rooms, bluetooth speakers and ambient lighting in rooms, Birth mats, Birthing balls, Birthing stools, Fans
|Welcome to induction suite leaflet||936.90 KB||DownloadPreview|
|My Pregnancy Journey Booklet||1.62 MB||DownloadPreview|