Pathology has a team of phlebotomy staff providing a service for the hospital and several outreach centres in the local community. These include Skipton General Hospital and Keighley Health Centre. The team provides a full phlebotomy service for hospital inpatients each morning, including weekends and bank holidays. The service for OP bloods held at Airedale General Hospital, Skipton General Hospital and Keighley Health Centre is provided Monday-Friday and does not include Bank Holidays or Weekends.
Our phlebotomy team aim to ensure your experience is as efficient and pain free as possible. We understand that people can be nervous when having blood taken and every effort is made to put you at ease. We also understand that no one wants to wait a long time so we aim to be as quick as possible in taking your blood samples. On average, the majority of patients have their blood taken in a matter of minutes. If you have any particular concerns or questions about having your blood taken please let us know at the time and we will endeavour to help.
Booking a blood test appointment
These times are for adults and children aged 8 and over. For children under 8, there is information at the bottom of the page.
All Blood tests provided by Airedale NHS Foundation Trust are by appointment only.
You can book online at https://airedalenhs.10to8.com or on the automated phoneline on 01904 935085. Both systems are available 24 hours a day.
All blood test appointments made on this system require you to bring your blood form with you or we may not be able to carry out your blood test.
How to use the ‘10 to 8’ blood test appointment booking system
- Open the online booking page via https://airedalenhs.10to8.com.
- Select your preferred location from the list, then press ‘see slots’ to show availability for that site.
- Select the date and time slot to suit your needs, using the arrows to change the week (< >) or month (<< >>), or pressing ‘see more’ at the bottom of the column to show more time slots for that day.
- Once you have selected the time slot of choice, you will be presented with a screen to enter your details, or the details of the individual you are booking on behalf of. Once complete press the ‘book’ button. A confirmation email and SMS to will be sent following the details entered.
- If you wish to cancel your appointment, this can be done through your confirmation email.
How to book an appointment using the automated phoneline
- Dial 01904935085 and follow instructions given to select your choice of appointment time.
- Wait for the instruction to leave your name.
- Please listen carefully and wait for the instructions, there will be pauses in between to allow for time.
- When prompted, speak clearly and spell out your forename.
- Wait for the prompt to spell out your surname. There will be a pause and then your name will be repeated, press the number to confirm your name (please note, the spelling does not need to be exact as your appointment will be recorded even if your name is spelt incorrectly).
- When prompted again, confirm the time you have selected.
- Listen to the instructions to confirm your details and wait until the call ends.
- An SMS message will confirm your appointment details to your phone.
If you have any difficulties using the systems, please phone the helpline on 01535 29 3475 between 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. (Please note, routine appointments cannot be booked on this line.
Please do not contact Skipton General Hospital or Keighley Health Centre to make an appointment as they do not manage the Phlebotomy appointment system.
|Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
|The phlebotomy service at Airedale is in the Outpatients department, location A1.
|The Day Hospital, Skipton General Hospital
|Monday to Friday 8.30am to 12.15pm
|The phlebotomy service at Skipton Hospital is in the Aire Unit which is located in a separate building to the left of the hospital around the back.
|Keighley Health Centre
|Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.30am
|The phlebotomy service at Keighley Health Centre is in the main building.
For children aged under eight, blood tests are not routinely taken by our phlebotomists in any of the above areas. Children 3-7 years can attend the clinic in the children’s outpatient department at Airedale Hospital (location B20/building 22). Please make an appointment by calling 01535 292429.