Pathology has a team of phlebotomy staff providing a service for the hospital and a number of outreach centres in the local community. These include Skipton Hospital and Keighley Health Centre. The team provides a full phlebotomy service for hospital inpatients each morning, including weekends and bank holidays.
Our phlebotomy team aim to ensure your experience is as efficient and pain free as possible. We understand that people can be nervous when having blood taken and every effort is made to put you at ease. We also understand that no one wants to wait a long time so we aim to be as quick as possible in taking your blood samples. On average, the majority of patients have their blood taken in a matter of minutes. If you have any particular concerns or questions about having your blood taken please let us know at the time and we will endeavour to help.
Opening times for blood tests
These times are for adults and children aged 9 and over. For children aged 8 or under, there is information at the bottom of the page.
All Blood tests provided by Airedale NHS Foundation Trust are by appointment only.
You can book online here: https://airedalenhs.10to8.com
All blood test appointments made on this system require you to bring your blood form with you or we may not be able to carry out your blood test.
How to use the ‘10 to 8’ blood test appointment booking system
- Open the online booking page using the following link: https://airedalenhs.10to8.com.
- Select your preferred location from the list, then press ‘see slots’ to show availability for that site.
- Select the date and time slot to suit your needs, using the arrows to change the week (< >) or month (<< >>), or pressing ‘see more’ at the bottom of the column to show more time slots for that day.
- Once you have selected the time slot of choice, you will be presented with a screen to enter your details, or the details of the individual you are booking on behalf of. Once complete press the ‘book’ button. A confirmation email and SMS to will be sent following the details entered.
- If you wish to cancel your appointment, this can be done through your confirmation.
If you’re unable to use the online booking form or have any queries, you can contact the Pathology Secretaries on 01535 293475/293471 between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday for further assistance. Please note that these phone lines are busy so your patience is appreciated.
We will be introducing a 24-hour automated phoneline booking system soon to complement the booking process. Details for this will follow when it is available.
|Airedale Hospital||Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm||The phlebotomy service at Airedale is in the Outpatients department, location A1.|
|The Day Hospital, Aire Unit, Skipton General Hospital||Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm||The phlebotomy service at Skipton Hospital is in the Aire Unit which is located in a separate building to the left of the hospital around the back.|
|Keighley Health Centre||Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.30am||The phlebotomy service at Keighley Health Centre is in the main building.|
For children aged under 8, blood tests are not routinely taken by our phlebotomists in any of the above areas. Children 3-7 years can attend the clinic in the children’s outpatient department at Airedale Hospital (location B20/building 22). Please make an appointment by calling 01535 292429.