We are an award-winning, specialist multidisciplinary team comprising of a number of professions working collaboratively in order to provide the best care possible for our patients.
Our team includes a nurse manager as our team leader, physiotherapists, occupational therapist, dietitians and generic therapy assistants.
What we do
We work as an integrated team to provide an enabling and supportive discharge planning service to patients living in the Airedale, Wharfedale, Craven and East Lancashire areas.
Our aim is to prevent unnecessary admissions and readmissions to hospital, as well as quick, safe and well considered discharges from the acute admissions unit and the emergency department.
We firmly bestow the Airedale NHS Foundation Trust values, by putting the patient at the centre of their care. We aim to keep relatives and carers informed at all times of the discharge planning process.
Who we work with
We work with a wide range of different professions both within the hospital and in the community. These include:
- Social Services including an FEP liaison
- Medical staff within the hospital, such as consultants, junior doctors, pharmacists and advanced clinical practitioners
- District nurses and community matrons
- Homecare providers
- Community therapy rehabilitation teams
- Volunteer led services such as Age UK, Home from Hospital and Carers’ Resource
- General Practitioners