Adult Stammering Therapy via Telemedicine
Delivered by specialist speech and language therapists to clients anywhere in the UK who have access to a smart phone, tablet or computer with webcam and internet access.
The service is suitable for any adult with a stammer for whom it’s causing a problem. The negative impact of stammering might include:
- not feeling able to express yourself in the way you would like
- feeling held back or discriminated against at work
- avoiding conversations, social situations, phone calls, ordering food etc.
It is available for those unable to access stammering therapy locally or who would like the convenience of undertaking the therapy via video in their home, workplace or other location.
- Six personalised one-hour stammering therapy sessions via telemedicine.
- Individualised notes and action plans to support your progress between appointments.
- Assessment at first appointment and end of therapy to measure impact.
- Other benefits include, if appropriate, putting clients in touch with other clients with a stammer to provide ongoing support to one another.
The service is available between the hours of 08:30-17:30 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Once a referral and payment are received, a speech and language therapist who specialises in stammering will contact you to arrange your first appointment at a convenient time, and send a confirmation email. The email will contain a link which you simply click on when your therapy session is due to start. This will take you to the online telemedicine waiting room ready to start your session.
Intervals between future sessions are mutually agreed between client and the speech and language therapist.
If you would like to be seen, there is no need for your GP or other health professional to refer you; you can simply refer yourself by contacting our stammering specialist:
Speech and Language Therapist
Clinical Lead for Dysfluency
Ilkley Coronation Hospital
01943 609666 /07789 945586